Monday, February 3, 2014

Hello.

Thought I would have a quick chat.
 Today we have  the second day without rain for what seems like a month in the south of England.
Yesterday was also magical with sunshine,and it gladdens the heart.

I have been working on the new novel. Thought I had better get on with it!

After the recent revelation of a celebrities alleged suicide, it got me thinking back to when I worked in the Accident and Emergency Department, in the mid-eighties. I well remember the high statistics of attempted suicides, usually with overdoses of tablets. Back then it was the most common reason for hospital admissions. Men were also more likely to self harm than women.

How sad it is that so many in society feel the need to resort to self-harm. I hope with all my heart that they can find the right kind of help to make their lives seem worth living and regain a reason to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment